Is your organisation planning for the collaboration revolution?
In 5 years time collaboration tools will change the way your employees work.
Over the past 3 years various technologies have matured and converged to provide employees with effective tools for collaborating in the workplace.
These technologies include:
- Communications via voice, video, chat and messaging
- Meeting, document and project management
- Integration to third party application services
- Accessibility from desktop, browser and mobile.
The key challenge to a successful collaboration deployment is the focus on change management, as these tools are orientated towards a business process implementation and not just another IT project.
Developing a Collaboration Strategy
A collaboration strategy will accelerate the deployment of collaboration tools and technologies.
Key steps to developing the strategy:
- Establish how the enterprise needs to be collaborating in 2-3 years
- Assess current collaboration tools and technologies
- Gap analysis to compare the collaboration goal against the current tools
- Review the vendors and tools to cover the gaps, including cost estimates
- Present strategy and review with management team
- Detailed project plan and implement!
Developing a technology strategy takes 2-3 weeks.